Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2017

The little red stool...

Last December DH and I checked out the children's section at IKEA with the idea of finding something for our granddaughter's Christmas present. I noticed the little step stools and my interest was piqued.

The 'teacher part of me' could see what a versatile gift this could be. Obviously for use as a set of steps, a seat, or in imaginative play the stool could become a  car or boat, but also a possible 'stage'/ dolls house for games with the Duplo people or other toys; or whatever Anthea's imagination could come up with. 😃
But then that same 'teacher part of me' thought of such scenarios as the stool falling on little feet/toes/squashing little fingers, or a little person falling off the stool and hurting herself. My vivid imagination also could 'see' the possibility that the said stool could be used to open doors etc for a potential Houdini!

But we still bought it! And yesterday at a family get together at DsD2's place, I watched Anthea having fun with her IKEA stool.


She has learned how to climb steps and how to go down steps safely on her bottom...




I think she likes her stool!


12 comments:

Kate said...

Anthea is a sweet child - her photos made me smile - how lucky you are to have her in your life.

Maria said...

What great gift for Anthea... she's such a cutie....

Cynthia said...

That's a great gift! She will have years of fun and use out of her little red step stool.

Jackie said...

What a wonderful gift that will last a very long time. Anthea is adorable.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

What darling child. The little red stool looks like it will get lots of love.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Maria, such a versatile gift for sweet little Anthea! I bet you're glad you went through with the thought to buy it for her. She loves it - that's so obvious from your photos. Even that little cut out for the handle is put to use. Hope the heat up your way isn't being too awful. Cheerio now :D)

margaret said...

yes she certainly is getting lotd of fun from this stool such a lovely age to be

Nanna Chel said...

How very cute Maria. I miss seeing the little ones in my life grow up. Love the stool.

Dorothy said...

Awesome looking steps and what a real cutie Anthea is. Looks like she's having fun.

biebkriebels said...

I thinks she appreciates the stool very much!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGOSH what great pictures!! She totally LOVES her gift. Perfect selection.
xx, Carol

Susan said...

I'm glad the initial "teacher thought" won out!