Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

Joining in with Janine over at Rainbow Hare for Wool on Sundays. In recent months I have been sorting through the cupboards and boxes where I store my yarn stash...and oh my goodness !!


It was amazing how much yarn I had...and some I had actually forgotten that I had bought it! But as I 'found' yarns I sorted them into categories/colours/plys etc, so my stash is so much better organised now. 
So when I heard the news that a friend's daughter and her husband were expecting her first child at 38 after many years of trying unsuccessfully to start a family, my first thought was that I would knit a baby blanket. And unbelievably I started looking at my favourite online yarn shops???? To buy MORE yarn 🙄
Then I remembered how much soft white yarn I'd come across in the weeks before...
And then one day early last month, Facebook Memories posted a photo of a baby blanket I had made for a work colleague in 2009...
That blanket was made with a soft white 8 ply and a variegated yarn Opal.
 So I decided that I would use this waffle slipstitch pattern and make use of the leftover colours from my granddaughter's baby blanket with some of the white yarn from my stash for the main colour. 



So I will be able to make a nice gift for J and I's baby without spending any money...I like that!!! I will be working on this project throughout this month so it will be ready for this little 'Summer baby'...a little girl due in late November. 

8 comments:

Lin said...

I like your colour scheme Maria and all from your stash too, brilliant. xx

Mizumatte said...

isen't it fantastic what you can find. I buy allways yarn when am in Finland., maybe I'm too often there. Keep calm and knit along Jaana

Una said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished blanket. I forget it's summer in the other half of the world!

Becky said...

I will look forward to seeing the baby blanket. I bet it will be GORGEOUS!

Jackie said...

I noticed lots of yarn in my stash that I couldn't remember buying. I think I better start using it up.

The blanket is going to be beautiful! Can hardly wait to see the finished product.

God bless.

Anonymous said...

How nice to find everything in your stash! Your yarns look lovely. I've been feeling a pull to crochet lately, which I haven't done much in the last ten years.

margaret said...

what a pretty blanket ths will be, I think we all have a stash of things we have forgotten about and aas for books I noow have to check before I buy as I forget what I have there are so mnay

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That is great news about your friend's daughter and wonderful that you now have a yarn shop (or as good as!) right in your house!I think the blanket you made before is beautiful and I'm looking forward to seeing this one :)
Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)