Search This Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2016

An unscheduled rest...

In one of my recent posts, I wrote about our busy July. A number of readers commented that I'd need a rest after all that busyness! And out of the blue 'things' happened right at the end of July, and I did indeed get to rest. 
While showering that morning, I was hit with an incredible pain in my right chest and shoulder. And DH bundled me off to Emergency at a nearby hospital. Heaps of tests showed it wasn't a heart attack. 
But chest X-rays showed I had a spot of pneumonia in my left lung. I was absolutely gobsmacked with that diagnosis as I hadn't even had a cold. I'd been very tired but put it down to being busy. 
Also while in Emergency the doctor ordered a CT scan. This showed that my hiatus hernia repair had come a bit 'undone'! ( grrrr) 
So I started 2 courses of strong antibiotic and was ordered to rest. I didn't feel like doing anything but sleep for the first few days but eventually I was getting back my energy. And now I'm 'top of the world'.  The hernia is being treated with medication for the next 2 months to see how it settles. 
But that wasn't my only visit to that hospital in July...
After 3 really heavy nosebleeds in one week, I decided to seek help. After a rather ouchy cauterisation procedure, all was fixed. 
About the same time as my pneumonia was diagnosed, a friend of mine got test results back showing she not only had pneumonia, but she also had Influenza A. J was hospitalised of course but is back home now. 
Here we all were having lunch way back at the beginning of July...little knowing what was in store for us. 


21 comments:

Anthea said...

goodness Maria, you've had a bad run with things... you take care now, lots of rest & recuperate... xx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Maria ~ I pray your recovery in all areas will be swift and complete.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Claud said...

Glad to know it was not something more serious. Take care of yourself my friend. Big hug, Claud

Maria said...

Oh no. Hope you are resting and taking good are of yourself...

busybusybeejay said...

Look after yourself.What an awful time for you.

barbara woods said...

glad you are better, maybe now you will stay that way. i hate hospitals but they are a good thing when you need them

Anonymous said...

Maria I am so sorry to hear about your hospitalisation. I do hope you are feeling much better now. Take care. Very best wishes. Jean

Una said...

I bet you are glad it's August! What a month. Reminds me of a colleague who went for a medical and was asked by the doctor when she had had TB. She said she didn't know she had ever had it. I avoid hospitals as much as possible. Whenever I go, I come out more ill than when I went in.

Lin said...

Poor you! Get lots of rest Maria and I hope all is well soon. xx

Christine M said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Maria. xx

angela said...

Wow. You have been in th wars. Hopefully the antibiotic work and you won't need to have another op.
Rest and take care xx

Cynthia said...

Oh, dear, that was certainly not the rest you had in mind for August! I hope the medication does its job and you are all well soon. Sending hugs!

Jackie said...

I hope you are now on the mend and resting at home.

God bless.

Vireya said...

Oh, my, Maria! Hope everything is healing up well and you will be as good as new soon!

Susan said...

I think this is far too much "excitement" in your life...I'll bet you are hanging out for a fresh start in 2017....

doodles n daydreams said...

Sometimes it's uncanny how we end up having enforced 'rests', especially when we know we should slow down a bit but don't.

Diana

Sharm said...

Glad to hear you are doing better now...... Take care xoxox

diane b said...

Not such a nice time for you. I hope you are on the road to recovery.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are so lucky you caught that Pneumonia before it really got hold of you. About 10 years ago I had it and it put me in the hospital for a week.

Yup, gets lots of rest. Hope you feel 100% soon.
xx, Carol

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, I hope you are feeling better, Maria. Pheumonia can be a nasty thing. Take care. Xx

Mizumatte said...

hope that you are well now hugs Jaana