Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Wool on Sundays...

I'm writing this post one day late, while I'm sitting at Melbourne Airport waiting for our flight home. A visit to Bendigo always means a visit to the Bendigo Woollen Mill, so that's what this post is about. 😉
Since our last visit in 2012, there is now a gateway from the mill to the vintage tram depot next door...
So DH headed over there for a while, while I checked out the mill shop.
Lovely crocheted bunting in the large room at the back of the shop...

A little play area for tots...

An area for coloring in or drawing for the older children...and somewhere that husbands can sit too after they have checked out the tram depot. 

There are 3 large areas in the mill shop and the place is packed with beautiful yarns, patterns, divine samples and other 'bibs and bobs' associated with knitting, crocheting and spinning. I didn't find much that I wanted in the remnant bins this time, unlike my last visit. But I still found lots to buy...some for me and some for others. There's a big bag of yarns in my suitcase which is now on its way to the luggage hold of the plane...so I'll share those another time. 
Joining in with Rainbow Hare's Wool on Sunday

9 comments:

Vireya said...

Funnily enough, I hadn't realised there was a factory shop! My Mum buys all her wool from them through mail-order. But next time I am in Bendigo, I will definitely check out the factory shop!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That factory shop looks huge! It must be amazing to see so much yarn in one place. Thank you or linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

Lin said...

Looks like a brilliant plce to visit. xx

Craftandothercrazyplans said...

I wish there was a yarn shop like that around here, it looks awesome!

Nanna Chel said...

I ordered some cotton from there a whike back and it is so very soft. It would be great to visit there one day. You would have been in your element, Maria.

angela said...

Going there tomorrow with my knitting group We love that little back room

margaret said...

looks a great place to browse in and maybe have a spend.

Kim said...

Oooh.....what a glorious place to visit. Boxes upon boxes and wall upon wall of all things woolly. I love all the pretty and colourful crochet bunting. I don't wonder you found a few things to buy there. =)

Susan said...

That sounds far too tempting.