Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Friday Night Sew In...

In the first part of last night, DH and I were at a fundraiser Trivia Night...
There were 9 in our team; a combination of family and friends.
We had lots of laughs, lots of questions that we knew the answers to...but a few we didn't know...despite really 'racking our brains'!! The team at the table next to us were scoring similar results to us in all rounds...it was 'neck and neck' there most of the time!!
But...we won by one point! This was good as the tiebreaker questions are always tough!


So it wasn't until we were home again that I was able to do some work on my latest knitting project. And it was a lovely way to 'wind down' after our fun evening. 
I also wrote about this throw for FNwF at the beginning of the month.

And it has grown since then.




I really would like to have this throw finished by the second week of May.
Wendy, over at Sugarlane designs blog is our lovely hostess for FNSI...you can see and visit all the other FNSIers via the links here on Wendy's post.
P.S. While you're visiting Wendy's blog, read her last post on her fun cooking lesson experiences with Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food!

12 comments:

... said...

What amazing knitting. I adore the colours. My mum is trying to get me knitting again but those patterns are just too confusing for me!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like a fun time. Beautiful knitting...such rich colours x

Nanna Chel said...

Maria, I am trying to do an easy scarf pattern but made a mistake in one row but thought it wouldn't show too much so kept knitting. Big mistake! Now I have to wait till I meet up with friends who are expert knitters to fix the mistake for me. While waiting to meet them I started another scarf using the same pattern but with a different yarn and it was going well too until I lost concentration just for a second and made another mistake. Unbelieveable! So now I have two scarves to take along for my friends to fix. LOL!

Jackie said...

What lovely colours!! Your throw is coming along beautifully.

God bless.

Cynthia said...

That sounds like a fun evening. We used to play s game called Trivial Pursuit -- lots of laughs but no prizes.
I love the colors and the fuzzy yarn of your throw. It will be so soft and snuggly.

Lin said...

Oh Maria - it is gorgeous!!!!!!!! Well done on winning the quiz - as a fellow quizzer I know how good it feels to win. Lots of love to you both - I hope that all is well. xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fund night Maria. And you being a teacher I thought you would "pip them at the post"

Love the colours in your knitting. Very much "your" colours.

Susan said...

One point is all you need after all.
love the colours of your latest big knitting project...of course...

Vireya said...

You trivia champions! Do you ever lose?

Love the knitting.

Karen's Korner said...

A lovely way to spend an evening. Gorgeous colours in that yarn.

margaret said...

sounds like fun for those of you that know the answers not bright enough myself to take part. Knitting coming along well

The Sloan Patch said...

wow...it looks sooo soft