Search This Blog

Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday Night Sew In...

Last night I finished stitching a couple of hexie flowers...I had already stitched the 6 hexagons on to the centre one, so it was just the 6 side seams joining those hexies to each other.

And I also did some knitting...the 'scraps' project, 'Knitted Minestrone'. I'd finally finished the latest block of black garter stitch (boring!) and so last night I started the next scrappy block.

Earlier in the month in my FNwF post, I wrote about the Mystery Ball of yarn ( a ball of all different yarns in the one ball) that I was going to use. At the same time I'd been searching cupboards and shelves for a similar ball of yarn that I had bought at an Open Day at the Qld Spinners and Weavers many, many years ago. I couldn't find it! Yet, yesterday when I went into the disaster area that is my sewing room, there it was sitting on the table where I keep my second sewing machine! 
 Found in time to be part of my Knitted Minestrone throw! Now the difference in price of the Mystery Ball and the Magic Ball certainly reminds me of how long the latter has been waiting to be used; $19 vs $8. I bought 2 of the latter and the other one was used in a project ages ago.
Thank you to Wendy for once again hosting FNSI. There were 54 of us who signed up this month and it's easy to visit all or a few of the participants. Just use Wendy's Linky 'thingies' on her post here.

12 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely hexies and great work on your knitting...wow what a price difference!

Karen's Korner said...

This knitted minestrone sounds very interesting. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy.... X

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

Love the hexies, beautiful colours you are using. Interesting to see the price difference. I was in Good Sammy's this week looking at the knitting patterns, it was so interesting looking at the styles of jumpers etc over the past couple of decades. There was one great book that originally cost 25 cents. It had so many patterns that could still be used today. Have fun with your knitting, so glad you found the missing ball.

Happy days.
Bev.

margaret said...

the hexies look good especially like the turquoise fabric you have there. Knitting looks interesting , know just what it is like to mislay things then find them after hours of searching on the table I am doing it all the time!

Susan said...

Funny how things go missing then (usually) re appear...your knitting looks great - hope to see it sometime.

Janice said...

Where do you find the time ? Hope all is well with you both...love Jx

Lin said...

Nice work Maria and I am glad you found that ball. What a price difference though! xx

Jackie said...

Your throw is coming along nicely.

God bless.

creations.1 said...

Love the Hexies but am really loving the blanket - scrappy/mystery is just up my alley and spurs me on to start using up my scraps and make them into something useful!!

kiwikid said...

Great hexies, love the colours! Isn't it interesting how things appear where you have already looked!! That happens to me too! Great ball of wool!!

Janet said...

Hexies go so quickly when all you have left are the side seams; great for you to have time for your knitting. Pretty hexies!