Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Baby Shower gifts...

In the last post I wrote about the baby shower for DsD2 and said I would write about the gifts DH and I gave, in a separate post. 
We did pay for the super dooper pram that the young parents had decided on, but of course some extra goodies were collected ready for the baby shower...and wasn't it fun buying those!! 
This is the little bundle of gifts, presented in a basket which I had bought from Howard's Storage World.

We don't know what sex the baby is, so I used blue, pink and yellow gift paper, with a blue/mauve bow attached to the basket.
One of the gifts, we bought way back in August from a shop in Sausalito...
From the Karuna Hospice Christmas markets, we had bought a cloth book, (no photo), and this item...
Looks like a giant clutch purse doesn't it? Lol
Open the flap...
The bird fabric is actually laminated fabric...
Unroll a bit more...some flaps...
Open up the flaps...
Lots of waterproof 'space' there...but what about those flaps?

They are actually pockets...
And now you probably know for sure what this 'giant clutch purse' is...
Yes, a change mat! With a couple of disposable nappies in one pocket and a small packet of baby wipes in the other flap, and a waterproof surface, it's all set up for nappy changes when mum and baby are out. 

There were a lot of young mums there and they had never seen something like this...they clustered around to examine it, looking carefully at how it was made. I had bought something similar at the Canberra Bus Depot Markets in 2009 to give to my niece. She had always said it was the most useful gift she received when she became a mum. I'd remembered that and was determined to find one (or make one if I absolutely had to) for DsD2. So a big tick there for this stepmum! Lol

There was also a 'burp towel' that my friend Beryl makes...a good quality white towelling nappy (diaper) on which she cross stitches the word 'Burp' with other little designs embroidered as well...a very swanky towel to mop up food 'overflow'. 😊 (forgot to take that photo too)
And I wrapped up one more gift. DsD3 bought a onesie while we were in Canada for us to bring back on her behalf...and I did photograph it!

And that's a wrap of the gifts we gave...

5 comments:

Maria said...

Oh lots of lovely gifts for the wee one... Sew exciting ....

margaret said...

some beautiful gifts and just caught up on your previous blog the food looks so moreish

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Such super gifts this is going to be one spoilt little baby xxx

Nanette said...

Lovely gifts, and looks like you had fun choosing. But wait! no smocked baby dress?

Dee said...

I love the change pad, its a much better idea than the nappy wallet that I made recently