Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Hexagons again!

A little while ago I signed up for the second Hexie Downunder Swap...I know, I know...I said I wouldn't...but I did.
This project was 'put on the back burner' while I worked on the Christmas Secret Santa swaps but these were all 'done and dusted' last week. So, armed with the list of preferences of colours etc of the others in my hexie swap group, I got to work cutting out etc.
As with The Hexie Downunder #1 swap, I found my Amelia jelly roll ( and remnants of the Amelia charm pack) offered the variety of colours and designs requested. As you can see, the jelly roll is getting smaller; it's been used for a few projects now and there's still some left. I also used other fabrics from my stash with only some pastel spotted fabric needing to be purchased as the person who requested this had been in my group for the first swap and I had already used the only 2 dotty pastel fabrics I had. 
Progress so far...viewed from 2 different angles...all hexagons have been cut out; some have the papers glued in place and some are joined into flowers.Still a lot to do...we have until December 31 to have sent them but my goal is to have all these finished by mid next week...well before Christmas. 
And these are the hexie flowers I've received so far from members in my group...
Very pretty...my colour choices were purples, blues or teals. 

6 comments:

Lin said...

Looks like you have set up a production line there Maria! The ones you have received are lovely - just perfect colours for you. xx

Susan said...

You are going to end up with a gorgeous quilt with all the hexies.

Maria said...

Hmmm sometimes we just can't resist joining..LOL
Yep you will have a beautiful quilt out of them.

Nanette said...

Quite a deadline you've set for yourself. Your hexies are pretty.

Noela said...

Love all the hexi flowers you have received. Looks like you won't take long to make up the ones you need to send. Hugs....

margaret said...

love doing hexies that is once the papers and hexies are cut out. What a variety you have already received will make into a lovely quilt.