Search This Blog

Saturday, June 6, 2015

A visit to the Botanical Gardens...

This weekend is the Annual Show of the Cactus and Succulent Society of Queensland and I talked DH into going along with me. It is held in the auditorium at the Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens.
There were so many gorgeous plants on display!



Some unusual ones too!





As well as plants on display, there was a huge area set aside where there were plants for sale!


We then wandered down to the Gardens' Cafe and got a table which had this view!



DH left a tiny bit of 'dip' on his plate after he had finished his meal. While we were drinking our coffee a bird swooped down and swiped some dip and flew to a nearby empty chair. The bird was obviously assessing the situation and before long he brazenly hopped on to the table and continued to eat from DH's plate...lol!
Perhaps you are wondering whether I bought any plants...well ponder no more! I could have bought heaps more but after walking up and down past the tables full of plants to buy, I settled on just 5.

Plans are to plant up a large, but shallow pot with 4 of them; these plants are a lot less trouble than annuals and look pretty good in pots scattered throughout the garden. :-)

4 comments:

Nanette said...

I was wondering lol, thanks for showing what you bought. The Gardens look beautiful, lovely place to spend some time. I've just started to grow a few succulents, courtesy of a friend who gave me hers when she moved. They're expensive to buy at Bunnings/nurseries I've found, so have been adding to mine with little cuttings from "here and there" :)

doodles n daydreams said...

I have an aloe vera plant in my garden but it is taking up so much space now I might take it out. Pots here and there are a good idea :)

Diana

Michelle Ridgway said...

It is a lovely place to visit... glad you enjoyed the show. Very cheeky little feathered thief.

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

That would have been a interesting show to visit. Of course you had to buy plants, who wouldn't! 5 is a good number to purchase, you should always have an uneven number of plants.

Happy days.
Bev.