Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Last week...

Last week I was a bit of a gadabout :-)...
Tuesday saw me heading off to the city to meet up with Jean, a fellow blogger...we met for lunch at Jimmy's on the Mall. We both ordered the lunchtime steak meal...

It certainly looks a lot on the plate doesn't it?
It was delicious! 
Jean and I had a lovely catch up over coffee and then our meal...then we said our goodbyes and I thought I would go for a wander as the city centre is quite a novelty for me these days...
So it was a short walk up to the Myer Centre. On Monday night my brother and my niece and I had been reminiscing about this Myer Centre which was opened in 1988. We recalled the roller coaster and theme park which used to be on the upper level...but it's long gone now. The ceiling is rather beautiful so I took a photo...and in my mind I could see that roller coaster up there as well as the Pirate Ship ride.
Then I saw the sign for a shop that people seem to be raving about...
So I went in for a look...it's a Japanese shop and it's filled with all sorts of items, especially items to use for storing. It reminded me of some of the shops in Hong Kong that stock Japanese items for the home. I only bought a birthday card for a special friend who is celebrating a special birthday ( one with a zero on the end) this month. But I could go back with DH one day so I have someone to help carry my purchases. 

Wednesday I was out and about again too...a friend had a fundraiser World's Largest Morning Tea so that happened in the morning...


There were lots of raffles at the morning tea and my name was drawn 3 times! But I said 2 prizes were more that enough! Lol. So I took a parcel of kitchen odds and ends from a local gift shop and a complimentary High tea for one...I really wanted the toiletries' prizes so I could donate the items to K4BN...naughty aren't I having a whinge?!! Lol



Then it was lunch with former work colleagues of DH at a local pub, Alderley Arms.
My lunch was delicious!

Thursday was yet another catch up with friends. This time at that lovely cafe at Samford...the Flying Nun. (It's in an old church, hence the name) 
Outside the cafe looking up Station St, towards Main St.

'Friends by marriage', that's how I describe these 2 friends...they have been friends of DH's since they were all teenagers in the same youth club...so when I met DH in 2002, it wasn't long before he introduced me to these friends of his...and they became friends of both DH and I! 


My lunch with its rosy hue from the light shining through a red umbrella...it was an avocado and grilled haloumi sandwich with grilled chicken as an extra...delish! 

Friday was quiet...I just went to that Trivia Night that I wrote about in my last post...

8 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds like a great week......the first meal is huge........but looks so delicious.......

Christine M said...

You've certainly been keeping busy Maria and not a stitch to be seen! LOL!

Cynthia said...

You do keep busy, and such fun activities. And you are always winning prizes, which never happens to me!

Anonymous said...

Dear Maria, lovely to see your pics celebrating our luncheon together last week. Happy day.
Your social diary is absolutely packed. I think a 'social secretary' would be in order!
A bit foggy in Brizzy today. Pleased that I don't have to hit the road for a while.

doodles n daydreams said...

You are a gadabout but what a great time you've been having. And what better way to catch up with people than over a meal.

Diana

Sue (this n that) said...

What a great week - lots of activities and lovely meals... and good company too of course.
It was fun reading what you got up to Maria.
That was a beaut pack of gifts you won, and I like the sound of the High Tea too ;D). Cheerio and have a lovely weekend.

Becky said...

You certainly have been busy. Sorry I haven't been visiting as often as I used to. Will try to pop in more often!

Susan said...

I only arrived in Brisbane in early 1989 - I had no idea the Myer Centre was so new! I do recall the ride up there though.
Fun times all round.