Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I'm quite excited !

It started with a phone call...
Then some searching on Pinterest....


Then there was a trip to Bargain City...( thank you for telling me about the wonderful stocks of craft supplies at the BC at Chermside Markets, Margaret B...it was a real treasure house!) 


On the way home there was a stop at our local council library...


The phone call was from my niece to say that my great niece Lucy ( who will be 5 next Feb) had asked if she could go to Aunty Maria's place without mummy or Max (little brother), and do craft. My niece was flummoxed as Lucy has never wanted to go to anyone's place on her own before. 
So next Tuesday, Miss Lucy is being dropped off for a morning with me! That is the nice thing about this little family moving from the Sunshine Coast to 2 suburbs away from us...it's much easier to drop over. 
I had given away all my children's art/crafts  book when I retired but then I remembered Pinterest...so with a few ideas from there plus 'tried and true' old favourites from my classroom days, Lucy and I will be making some decorations and little presents. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How lovely for you and Lucy. Sharing time together will be great for this little girl, she obviously trusts you and enjoys you're company. Have a wonderful time together and the same goes for Christmas for you all in QLD. See you next year.

Denice Barker said...

What a treasure to be "the requested one" for fun! Have a great time and take lots of pictures!

Vireya said...

How wonderful! A chance to get another generation started with the crafty addiction. Happy crafting together!

margaret said...

what a lovely time you will both have enjoy the time with your niece and get her on the creative path! They are never too young to start

Helen said...

How lovely, its terrific to spend craft hours with little people..... enjoy your time together.

Becky said...

SWEET! I hope you have a fabulous morning! Our niece wanted to come home with us last weekend but her Mom said no. :(

Mizumatte said...

best kind of phone call, happy crafting Jaana

Noela said...

You will have a wonderful time I'm sure Maria. Hugs.......

Susan said...

That sounds like it's going to be lot of fun! Can't wait to see what you get up to.

Sue (this n that) said...

Hi Maria, that's so sweet. Lucy will thoroughly enjoy herself too. You've got lots of lovely crafting things ready ... her eyes will light up !

We used to do that with our darling grand-daughters when they'd come and stay for a little while. Just recently we had one of them visit (16 y.o. now) and we had a few days' of painting together which was just fabulous.

Have fun together :D)

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Have fun with Lucy. You might need to have soome knitting needles handy as she, more than likely, has seen you knitting and may want a go at that also.

Maria said...

I am sure you will have a fabulous with Miss Lucy crafting....