Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The unexpected places you find quilts...

On Tuesday afternoon I attended the Breastscreen clinic at Chermside for my biennial mammogram. It's a pretty quick, streamlined process these days but I had a few minutes in the waiting room as I was a little early. That's when I saw it! A Calendar Girls ( and one man, Mr December!) style quilt...and what a smile it brought to my face!
I took some photos with my phone but as the quilt is behind glass the photos have a lot of glare...


 I took a closer photo of Miss October, as with that knitting she is doing and that rather buxom body...I thought 'she could be me'! lol
 I've tried to find information online about this quilt but without success...but I will keep trying.

7 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Maria that's fabulous!! Mrs October is gorgeous...

Vireya said...

Cute quilt!

And it is something nice to look at while waiting for the big squish.

creations.1 said...

A great way to take your mind off what is coming!!! Love Miss October!

Susan said...

I think I'll book my next mammogram there! What a lot of fun!!

Lin said...

What a great find! xx

Sue (this n that) said...

Hello Maria, I do so love that special quilt you saw. How uplifting for everyone too :D)
I can't keep up with everyone at the moment so am back to being just an occasional visitor of blogs for a while. All my good wishes and cheerio for now :D)

Mistea said...

Lovely. Fun quilts in all the right places!