Search This Blog

Sunday, October 27, 2013

On the mend...

Thank you for all those well wishes following my operation last Tuesday. I have been so fortunate; I had no adverse effects from the anesthetics, very little pain  discomfort in hospital which was controlled easily with paracetamol, little or no bleeding and best of all, my biggest fear wasn't realised. I was terrified that my bodily functions would 'sulk' after surgery and it would take ages to get them working again. But they worked fine with no discomfort! Woot Woot!! lol

 I have been home since Friday morning as I got an 'early mark' for being so well. So I have been doing lots of resting while DH takes care of catering, cleaning and laundry. For this week, I just have to take little walks around the yard, taking it gently.  Today DH went for his usual Sunday golf game so DD1 came over to 'babysit' and generally look after me. 

DD1 brought over 2 platters filled with cheeses, antipasto and fruit; I was very spoiled


She arrived at 10am and about 10.10 I said I felt a bit tired so was going to lie down on the bed for half an hour. I woke up at 12.10! lol
After lunch we sat in the lounge and Eduardo was thrilled to have DD1 over and promptly sat on her lap...

He got lots of tickles and behind ear scratches from her...
By mid afternoon I was weary again and settled down on the sofa...so Eduardo came and sat on me!

I'm not quite ready for any sewing or knitting at the moment as my attention span is affected, but have been sorting through patterns and craft mags instead. It won't be long before I'm back into it. (I hope! lol) 

14 comments:

Janice said...

So glad everything is working well...that is always everyone's big fear with such surgery ! Anyway, you have clearly made a good recovery, now you just need to take things easy. I am sure you will feel pretty tired for a while.....you must do the " listening to your body" that everyone talks about. Take care xxxx

Vireya said...

How nice that everyone is looking after you!

Here's hoping everything continues to go well with your recovery.

Unknown said...

Anesthetic affects the body for quite a while, rest is good. Glad you're being spoilt. You deserve some pampering. Sue xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Rest up well Maria. Hope your recovery is swift. Hugs xx

Dorothy said...

Good to hear you're doing well Maria and its lovely to be spoilt now and then isn't it? Your cat Eduardo is beautiful - bet he's enjoying all the extra cuddles. Take care. xox

Susan said...

Glad to hear everything has gone so well. Plenty of rest for you by the sounds of it...& quality time with the cat!!

Marilyn said...

Good to hear that you are doing so well, Maria. It seems like you are being cared for very well, even by Eduardo. Keep up the resting when you need to. xx

Marit Johanne said...

What a nice "babysitter" you had! Take care and take time to rest!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving us an update on your recovery Maria. So good to hear that you are making such a good recovery and that you are helping in that recovery by allowing others to love and care for you while you take the rest your body needs.

Lin said...

Pleased to hear that all is going well for you - enjoy being spoiled!!

Sue Niven said...

Plenty of rest is the way to go, all the best on a speedy recovery.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend

Noela said...

Glad that all is going well. Rest is the best thing for you now so take it easy and you will be back into the sewing and knitting in no time at all. Hugs......

Anthea said...

Maria I'm glad to see you are recovering well - let yourself be looked after & don't try to do too much too soon. x