Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A delightful surprise in the post...

Yesterday I got 2 beautiful mug rugs in the post. They came all the way from Norway! You might remember my post about making mug rugs for this swap and the ones I made, went to Canada.

I took this photo today after I'd opened the parcel so that explains that hole :-). I just had to show the paper that my the mug rugs were wrapped in. You see my swap buddy Marit, had checked out my blog and discovered that I rather love knitting, as she also does :-) I was rapt in this paper...(no pun intended)



Now Marit also used some fabric that was printed as though it was stocking stitch fabric...there were 2 sections of one mat that had this lovely fabric...here's one section...


And now, here are the lovely mug rugs...



Blogger 'insists' that this photo below, be rotated 90 degrees despite my best efforts...


Thank you very much Marit, I love my mug rugs and will use them with much pleasure.

Now I'm also in a year- long swap and for Easter, we were to make a candle mat or a gift bag...I've made a mug rug but I'm calling it a candle mat...I still have to put the binding on and then it's into the post for an Australian address.


6 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Beautiful work! It is very touching when someone really goes out of their way to think about the things you like...like your knitting. Your cross and flower mat is lovely for Easter too.

Paul Forster said...

Love the owls, Maria! Thanks for the kind wishes!

twinpeakprimitives said...

Rugs from Marit both are wonderful Maria!lovely gifts!
Your Easter rug looks fantastic too!
Well done to both of you!
Greetings

Vireya said...

It is always fun to get a parcel in the mail, especially one that has travelled so far, and has such cute contents.

Anonymous said...

what lovely mug rugs you received Maria and love the easter one you made.xx

Marit Johanne said...

I am glad it arrived safely and that you like them :)