Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Some random photos that I took to use in the blog...

However, for whatever reason the photos weren't used. On our recent 1 night stay on the Gold Coast, DH and I went to Fingal in northern NSW, to have a look around. I had never been there before! We walked along a track which lead up a hill to a headland. And that is where Fingal lighthouse is. I noticed that it's quite small compared to other lighthouses that I've seen. Small it may be, but it has been  very effective. 



DH reading the plaque on the lighthouse
Looking out to sea from Fingal Head



Looking from Fingal towards Point Danger and Coolangatta beyond...

The other lot of photos are some that were taken by DH with his phone, whilst on his New Farm walk last Saturday...he found these interesting sculptures near Brisbane's Powerhouse complex. 
An early Australian ute (utility)

The grille on the front suggests that it is the FX model which came before the famous FJ. 



Here's a very fetching Mrs Sheep?



Today I've been working on a knitting project as well as a sewing one...more information in a future post :-).

5 comments:

Paul Forster said...

Love the sculptures, especially Mrs Sheep and the ute! Thanks for your comment on my post!

Justjen said...

We do live in a beautiful, vibrant city, with idyllic beaches and countryside in every direction - we are indeed fortunate!

Vireya said...

Love Mrs Sheep's steel wool!

Bev C said...

Hello Maria,

Thanks for sharing your photo's. That sheep is amazing. I bet she gets photographed all the time.

Have a great weekend.
Bev.xoxo

Anonymous said...

Great photographs as always Maria. I made a double-take when I saw the photo of Mrs Sheep. That's where I go for my walk along the river at Teneriffe. Then I read that this photograph was taken by your husband when you were at the blogging workshop. That explains it all. Mrs Sheep is so cute. I remember the first time I noticed it when it first went up, couldn't resist lingering and it always cheers me up to see her there near the old wool stores.