Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bag swap completed and some items bought....

I recently took part in a black and white bag swap and received a beautiful knitting bag from Shez. Well Shez got her parcel from me today, so I can now post a photo of the bag that I made for her. When I asked her about what type of bag would she like, Shez said she'd love a bag that she could use to go out in the evenings. I knew immediately what fabric in my stash would be 'just the ticket'...some velvet that I bought on holidays in Auckland. I saw it in this fabric store...and just had to have some! lol So here is the bag that I made for Shez...and it was lots of fun!

As well as white, there are also touches of silver in this fabric ...


Last week I did a bit of online shopping after reading newsletters or daily offers from various businesses. So today the postie brought me a pattern (which was on sale) from Ballarat Patchwork and 2 packs of gingham bias binding from Fee's Shabby Shack with her great daily deal offers.





And DH and I bought some plastic trellis to put around the garden bed that has attracted the attention of a local brush turkey. Our vegie patch has had little damage compared to our neighbour Tom's vegie patch and open compost heap...but this morning I found that the 2nd cucumber plant ( a replacement for the first) has disappeared and some of the Asian greens and a zucchini had been dug up. DH and I will be away for 3 days from tomorrow and I envisaged that all my lettuces (ready to eat) and the other vegies would all have disappeared as the bed got churned up by the turkey. So this bed is now 'fenced off' lol!


My next post will be from the lovely Sunshine Coast where we're heading tomorrow. DH is playing in a golf tournament at Horton Park, Thursday/Friday and I will be enjoying walks on the beach and enjoying the view from our unit accommodation at Alexandra Headlands...and of course knitting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this bag so much Maria,thankyou so very much,it was great having you for my swap partner,not good your vegs being eaten or dug up.xx

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful bag you made for your lucky partner. Hope you have a lovely break and good luck to DH for his golf tournament. xoxox

Maria said...

WOW maria the bag you made for Shez and really lovely...Lucky lady.

Hope the plastic fencing keeps the bush turkeys out of your garden.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Bag looks stunning ! I loved it!

Lynn said...

What a beautiful bag Maria! Have fun on the Sunshine Coast and good luck with the veges.

Jill Butler Design said...

The bag looks fabulous!

Susan said...

Such a stylish bag - you're very clever Maria, and full of lovely ideas.
Excellent job, putting up that guard for your vegies - I have mine covered with bird netting (against roaming cats). Too sad to see our vegies being gobbled up before they get to our tables eh!
Have a beaut time on the Sunshine Coast - am sure you'll come back with lovely photos too.
Cheers now :D)

Cheryl said...

Love the bag you made for Shez Maria. Your couple of days in the sunshine coast looks wonderful