Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mothers' Day...

Mothers' Day was a little different this year. I did get to see my DDs and my 3 SDDs, which was lovely, but the focus was different. This year we all came together to celebrate Jane (SDD2) and Karl's engagement. It was held at the quaint Toombul Croquet Club. The pavilion of this club looks like it's come out of an episode of 'Midsomer Murders'...very English looking.

I forgot to take a photo of the pavilion; this is from the club's webpage :-)

The invitation had said that the party would be an 'Alice In Wonderland Tea party'. According to Jane, they didn't intend that it be a fancy dress occasion, but many people decided that it should be. DH and I wore hats and our neighbour Judy came as the Mad Hatter complete with the price tag on her hat!!!


My brother, DH and my girls

My neighbour complete with Mad Hatter hat price tag!

My neighbour's daughter and grandson also dressed up for the occasion


Jane's friends and her sisters worked behind the scenes to put out a wonderful spread which was replenished throughout the afternoon. I made my old favourite, 'Chocolate Coconut Slice' which apparently didn't last very long on the table; it was all gone in the short time while I was talking to Karl's mum!



Two of the croquet lawns were available for games but as only 4 could play at any one time per green, it was quite competitive to get a game. Most of us caught up with friends and family instead.

Here are some more photos of the afternoon...

My friend (and DH's cousin) and I

The happy couple with Karl's mum

DH with an armful of daughters and one step-daughter

Jane's 2 sisters giving a speech

The happy couple with Jane's mother

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks like you all had a really fun day...